As a 501(c)(3) charity organization, we understand the importance of giving back. That's why we have focused our efforts in these ways.
College Scholarship Grant Program
The American Senior Benefits Association®'s proud commitment to education extends beyond our members to include America's youth. That's why ASBA® offers educational scholarship grants for members' children and grandchildren. The ASBA® College Scholarship program is one of the most highly-regarded benefits offered to our members, and provides up to $1,000 in scholarship grants to qualifying applicants. Winners not only receive a scholarship grant, they're also featured on the ASBA® website.
For more information, call 1-877-906-ASBA (2722).
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
"ASBA and their continued support of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Central Texas Chapter through the Hill Country Classic golf tournament has helped us to further our mission to cure cystic fibrosis and provide all people with this disease the opportunity to live full and productive lives and have access to quality care. Since 2016, ASBA has raised over $700,000 for our cause. ASBA is not just a donor but a true partner of our chapter. Their passion and commitment to finding a cure for CF has led to groundbreaking drugs that are treating the underlying cause of CF and not just the symptoms. The impact ASBA has made cannot be measured as not only are they providing much need funds for research they are providing hope to all who are battling this disease." - Stacy Dollar, Executive Director
The American Senior Benefits Association proudly supports the fight against Fanconi anemia through its annual charitable golf tournament, the Hill Country Classic. Since 2015, the American Senior Benefits Association has raised nearly $700,000 for Kidz1st Fund, a charity created by Jimbo and Candi Fisher to fund the fight against this rare blood disease affecting their son Ethan, and thousands of children each year. Learn more about how you can help us fight FA.
Families for Better Care
ASBA supports Families for Better Care, Inc., a non-profit citizen advocacy group dedicated to creating public awareness of the conditions in our nation’s nursing homes and other long-term care settings and developing effective solutions for improving quality of life and care. Familes for Better Care:
- Acts as a watchdog of the long-term care continuum on behalf of residents, families and consumers.
- Educates the public about residents’ rights.
- Educates residents, families, consumers, and facility staff about best practices in resident-centered care.
- Advocates for changes in laws and regulations that will strengthen the quality of life and care for residents.
- Collaborates with other citizen advocacy groups, resident and family councils, ombudsmen, and other health care providers and agencies to support quality nursing home care.
- Empowers families to advocate for the highest quality care through the creation and operation of effective, independent family councils.
- Provides the Nursing Home Report Card that analyzes, compares and ranks state’s nursing home quality. Our Report Card’s intent is to advocate for better care for our loved ones.
Charity Advisors, dba the American Senior Benefits Association® (ASBA®), Federal Tax Identification number 75-2147768, is a 501(c)(3) organization.